Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Rad Racing Gran Prix (NACT #2)







After the disappointment of finding out that 5th isn't good enough to make the podium (as was the case at Starcrossed), I was determined to make it happen this time. And with Syder not racing, my chances were already improving.



Another good start and I was 4th up the infamous "Knapp time run-up" chasing Alison Dunlap's wheel! (how cool is that?!) Sue Butler and Helen Wyman rode away after a half lap, leaving me sitting on Alison's wheel for the next couple laps. Alison had just started to pull away from me on a long gravel climb when Wyman came into sight (and not looking in good form either). Alison charged ahead to pass her and realizing that my shot at 3rd place was infront of Wyman, I followed. The rest of the race was basically a time trial where Alison kept her gap on me and I kept my gap on Wendy Williams & Barb Howe. Coming into the final section of the last lap I heard shouts that Wyman was chasing! Although my gap was comfortable, I wasn't going to press my luck so I gave everything to make sure I crossed the line 3rd - for my first official UCI race podium! No question this time on whether I'd make the photo shoot....



As luck would have it, this time the podium shoot went 5 deep!

No comments:

Post a Comment